If home is the venue for ultimate relaxation, try asking yourself… “Am I feeling all relaxed right now?” This is an essential question that every homeowner should examine. After all, what is the use of personalizing a house from inside out if everything ends up as a disorganized chaos. Surely home staging professionals would also agree that above anything else, anyone’s personal space should be welcoming to them.
It is true that nothing beats the familiar comforts of your own space. However, maximizing its potential to provide a sense of warmth is also not such a bad idea after all. That sense of comfort is not even dictated by how your furniture looks and the price tags that come with each item. Although there are people who are comforted with the fact that they are surrounded with expensive things, this can sometimes be a shallow perception of what real harmony is.
So if it is that easy to talk about it, the question is, “How?”
- Modify your lighting – One of the known charms of every home is the amount of illumination that comes in during the day. Imagine dark spaces and how they do not inspire you to think happy thoughts. Natural illumination provides warmth (literally and figuratively) in ways that enlighten your being. By night time, a good choice of fixtures will also dictate how well lit your humble abode is when the moon takes over.
- Create a focal point – The concept of harmony and unity brings total relaxation. Your choice of furniture and its surrounding elements can help you elevate your space to a certain wholeness. For example, your focal point can be the juxtaposition of your rug, flooring and sofa.
- Add accents – If you are a flower person, then a vase of freshly cut flowers can definitely help with the visuals. Flowers symbolize life and blossoming, two themes that lead to enlightenment and positive thinking. On the other hand, you can also opt to use candles – the aromatic ones are best reserved for those who can stomach the play of fragrances.
- Declutter the areas – While others kid that they feel more attuned with their inner selves when there is chaos around, it is safer to have a clean space when living with the family. The former only applies to independent ones who have the luxury of minding their own business. Otherwise, a clean place is always relaxing to look at.
- Play with colors – Your choice of paint can do a lot of wonders to your mood. If you want free yourself from gloomy mornings, try to work your way through a positive change with a fresh coat of paint.
So how do you make your space comfortable? On a greater scale, it is about the over-all ambiance and how you manage to align your home’s layout with your personal impressions of warmth and relaxation.